Billingham, Teesside (TS23 4AZ) based (UK)
To be responsible for delivering the sales target of custom peptide and antibody sales from new and existing accounts (Key Research Institutes, Universities and Biotech) within the UK. To prepare tactical and time-territory plans to achieve the sales target.
To hold face-to-face meetings 2-3 days per week with Academics and Lab Managers responsible for the purchase of peptides, antibodies and proteins. To penetrate accounts by setting up regular face-to face meetings supplemented by mini-exhibitions in University foyers to stimulate new business.
To provide information on business development opportunities for CRB based on customer feedback and interrogation of their research. To support promotional activities including attending exhibitions & networking events. To report on competitor activity.
Cambridge Research Biochemicals is based in the North-East of England at: Belasis Hall Technology Park, Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees TS23 4AZ.
- Succeed or exceed the sales target for custom reagent supply of peptides and antibodies within designated territory
- Ensure customer satisfaction throughout every project by providing the interface between company and customer
- Keep up to date with science related to product portfolio, customer’s needs and competitor activity to feedback to Commercial Director
- Expect to be out visiting customers 3 days per week and use the other 2 days in the office for carrying out administrative duties including: time/territory plans, making appointments for week ahead, preparing quotations and writing reports.
- Provide accurate information to Technical team for the purposes of costing custom syntheses and services.
- Provide Key Account customers with status reports and delivery times by liaising with the Production Manager
- Use KAM principles and penetrate existing accounts by actively visiting end-users, core group leaders and procurement channels.
- Develop new accounts principally from Universities & Biotech (in Cambridge/London and Scotland areas).
- Implement new supply agreement and run workshop seminars at each
- Some European/USA travel may be required for sales training and conference attendance
You should hold a minimum of a Bachelor degree (or higher) in a Life Science Discipline, preferably Chemistry, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology and have some technical sales experience in a related service-based business. You should be able to match your selling proposition to Senior Scientists, Junior Managers and Procurement staff in both Research Institutes and Biotechnology companies.
Knowledge of use of peptides, proteins, antibodies and assay development in drug discovery research is preferred.
You will be an energetic, friendly, tenacious but patient individual. As a lone worker you will act in a safe manner, be self-sufficient with little direction after a rigorous training period, plan your own work, be well organised and trustworthy.
You have the ability to share views and feedback with remote colleagues.
You will be fluent in Microsoft package (Word, Excel. Powerpoint, Outlook) and preferably a CRM database, like ACT.
You will be committed to meeting the needs of the research clients within a service environment.
- Concern for Impact and relationship building
- Results orientated
- Concern for standards
- Clear communication
If you are interested in this position, please send covering letter including CV to:
Emily Humphrys, Cambridge Research Biochemicals, 17-18 Belasis Court,
Belasis Hall Technology Park, Billingham, Cleveland, TS23 4AZ
Tel: 01642 567182, Fax: 01642 567181