Job title: Peptide Placement student
Start Date: June 2017 – June 2018
Responsible to: Production Manager
The role will support the custom antibody production group and typically will involve:
- The role will involve: Assembly and Purification of Custom Peptides
- Carrying out the production of peptides according to defined processes
- This includes assembly, purification by HPLC and analysis.
- Peptides need to be produced to a timely delivery and to an agreed production time scale.
- Molecular weight determination using MALDI TOF Mass Spectrometry
- Trouble shooting
- Producing analytical datasheets and preparation of finished goods
If successful, you should expect to achieve the following from a placement at CRB:
- An understanding of how a biochemical company works, understand key account customer relationships.
- Experience working in a laboratory, safely and in an ISO9001 accredited facility.
- Experience of HPLC analysis and purification.
- Gain a practical approach to technical problem solving.
- Learn to work to delivery targets.
- Develop good working relationships with peers.
The successful candidate should be enthusiastic, willing to learn and able to plan their day to achieve a variety of tasks. He/she should be neat and accurate at data recording.
After initial training the person should be able to work with minimum supervision. The candidate should have a science background, preferably in Chemistry and Biology.
Cambridge Research Biochemicals,
17-18 Belasis Court,
Belasis Hall Technology Park,
Tel: 01642 567185
Fax: 01642 567181